Friday, January 18, 2013

Chapter 13: MY BREAD, MY CHEESE, MY WINE, MY WORLD

Chapter 13

BREAD, CHEESE, WINE, WORLD 

 

Euma, Telly and Otis froze when they heard footsteps on the pebbled path outside side of the garden shed.  Otis hid behind the door, ready to pounce.
 

"Having a private garden party?" Mr. Mentor entered with a bag loaded with food from the party.
 

"It's you!"  Otis sighed with relief and closed the door.
 

"How did you know..." Euma started to ask.
 

"No time for that now.  While I was in your wine cellar getting you some of the good stuff, I heard Melanie arrange to meet Antonio by the koi pond.  You have time to get there and hide behind the bamboo and find out what they are planning.  I will watch Telly."  Mr. Mentor handed the men some bread, cheese and the bottle of wine. "Eat something while you wait, you will need your strength."
 

When the men had gone, Mr. Mentor prepared a plate of hors d' oeuvres for Telly. Telly stepped back when offered his favorite foods.
 

"You are very observant.  I'm not Mr. Mentor."  The Goddess Athena smiled warmly at Telly.  "I am helping your father catch the bad men who burned your play house.   I know you like olives.  Look!"  She held out her hand with an olive on each fingertip.



 "My bread! My cheese! My wine! My world!"  Otis said with his mouth full. "You don't realize how precious every little thing is until you almost lose it."  Otis threw some bread to his koi without thinking.  The fish rushed towards where Otis and Euma were hiding.  Quickly Otis threw a large piece of bread to the other side of the pond.  Soon they head footsteps on the bamboo thatch.

- To Be Continued -
 

No comments:

Post a Comment