Friday, January 18, 2013

Chapter 14: COLD BLOODED KILLERS


Chapter 14

COLD BLOODED KILLERS

 

 

"You didn't see him fall, how do you know he's dead?"  Antonio was annoyed with Melanie.
 

"Telly loves his father.  I know he went down the steps.  I told him his father was down there.  The staircase is condemned.  The sign says forbidden."  Melanie whined.
 

"What if he's down there on the beach now, walking around and somebody finds him and brings him home?"
  

"There isn't any beach tonight.  The tide is high and the rocks are sharp."




Otis and Euma listened to Antonio and Melanie talk about murdering Telly as if they were talking about the weather.  It took all of Otis's strength to remain silent and hidden in the bamboo.

"I just don't understand why you didn't wait around long enough to be sure."  Antonio complained.
 

"I got frightened that someone would see me and there was this cat, a horrible cat that wouldn't go away..."
 

"We're not going to blow a multi-million dollar real estate deal because you are superstitious!  Take me where you left him!"  Antonio grabbed Melanie's arm angrily.
 

"I don't see why you are so upset."  Melanie cried.
 

"How am I going to comfort the grieving mother if she isn't grieving?"
 

"I thought of everything.  If for some reason Telly survives, I put the can of lighter fluid in his bedroom and I mentioned to the firemen that he is always playing with the fire in the kitchen, that I'm afraid he'll burn the house down.  They'll put him away.  That's what you want."
 

"I want to sell that house for triple what it's worth to a stupid popstar before the real estate bubble bursts." Antonio growled.
  Antonio and Melanie walked across the bluff to the site of the condemned staircase.  Otis and Euma followed from a safe distance.
 

"I can't see anything."  Melanie said, looking for any sign of Telly in the waves below.
 

"Penny isn't going to sell that house as long as Telly is alive.  I hope you were wearing gloves when you were planting evidence in Telly's room."
 

Melanie looked alarmed.
 

"Great.  They'll find your prints and I'm betting Telly's prints aren't even on the can."
 

"I'll remove it when we get back."
 

"That's ok.  I'll fix it.  Look!  What colour pajamas was he wearing?  Antonio pointed out to sea.  Melanie strained to see what he was talking about.  He shoved her over the cliff and headed back towards the party.
 

Otis and Euma were too far away to hear what had been said, but they saw Antonio murder Melanie in cold blood.


- To Be Continued -








No comments:

Post a Comment